Custom Gateway & XML Export includes CCard Details?

kelvinkelvin Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2007
Hey guys,

I noticed the lack of support for custom gateways, and almost all of the gateways only do US-only businesses..

To be perfectly honest, after searching rounds, I've only found foxycart to have the perfect solution I want - except for Payment Gateways.. and I'm sure that most of my (existing and future) customers would love that AJAX "one-step" checkout (yep, I'm ready to sign up for a few sites if everything works out perfectly) :D

Hence, my question is:
1) Is there any possibility for me to self-integrate a payment gateway? I can set up my own "interfacing" script... If you guys allow foxycart to pass details (maybe via POST or GET) - I do think many other developers could write their own interfacing script, for local gateways, etc

2) if there isn't the possibility in the above question 1.. how about whether the XML feed "export" allows exportation of credit card details? In this way, I could
make the processing script to process the card details via my own gateway?

That's about it, I guess! Thanks again for reading this!

Looking forward to you guys' response :)

Regards,
Kelvin
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi kelvin.
    I'm glad you've found your perfect solution ;) That's really what we've been working for all along.

1. At this moment, no, but that's one of our next priorities, so you'll see it at some point. If you'd like to help us test it, please whisper me your details.

2. This might change, but: This is actually probably going to come first, though we'll be keeping it "undocumented", and in order to turn it on you'll need to verify that the receiving company is PCI compliant.
  • Any time table on this? This is kind of a big deal for my client currently who already has a merchant account setup and will only use them.
    Thanks
    Rich
  • While I don't have a specific one ready to use, a probable choice is PayPals PayFlow Pro or PayFLow Link gateway.
    We are still gathering requirements, but this one would be a likely candidate.