The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Auth.net failure when moving to Live Server

gswmarkgswmark Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited August 2009
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (TESTMODE) Bill To Company is required. (Response Reason Code: 33)

I'm getting this error from the newly activated live server (in auth.net test mode). I am not populating any "Bill To" information in foxycart, is this a requirement for Auth.net?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi.
    It looks like your Auth.net is requiring the billing Company field, which isn't a required field in FoxyCart (and might actually even be hidden depending on your CSS).

Take a look in your Auth.net settings and see if you can find where to turn that off. If that's not the problem, let us know.
  • gswmarkgswmark Member
    edited August 2009
    Thanks for the quick update brett. We are not selling products with foxycart per-se but instead are using fc to allow customers to pay invoices (sent separately).

Because of this we are going "direct-to-checkout" with with invoice information using a URL like this: https://dom.foxycart.com/cart?cart=checkout&h:nid=9768&h:invoice=R1111MR2233&empty=true&category=INV&shipping_phone= &price=$100.00&invoice=R1111MR2233&name=product maintenance renewal" This prevents us from having to prepopluate anything (except that which is on the URL).

Is there a way to tell FC via configuration (perhaps in a template) to send the "billing" information to the gateway?
  • Re: Is there a way to tell FC via configuration (perhaps in a template) to send the "billing" information to the gateway?

I'm pretty sure there is a way, but point is moot. As instructed, I scoured auth.net configuration and there was a setting that created a requirement for "bill to company" field.

Problem solved... thanks.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Yeah, it's actually impossible for a customer to checkout _without_ sending the billing info to the gateway. So I'm not sure I understand the question, but I'm glad you got it sorted out.