Have a moment to answer a few questions? We'd love your feedback on working with FoxyCart templates: Click here for more information
Update on v060
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    Just wanted to give a quick update on the progress of our next release. We don't have a "go live" date yet, but we did run a live transaction through our new paypal express gateway today so things are coming along. Hopefully we'll be able to open something up for beta testers soon.
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    Update: we just rolled out some fixes for coupons and taxes on 051 along with a fix for the ^^receipt_only_begin^^ and ^^receipt_only_end^^ place holders which were not working as expected. That change was made back to 050 as well.

While we try not to make changes to existing versions, these two issues warranted immediate attention which obviously delays our work on 060. We're still making progress and currently finalizing the new multiple payment options we'll have on the checkout between Purchase Order, Paypal and regular card payment.

Thank you all for your support as we continue to improve FoxyCart.
  • Hey, I have it from Micahel Hahn from HCC Development that a post here from me would yield positive results. Yes?
  • brettbrett
    FoxyCart Team
    Yes, posting here will let us know that you're interested in v060, and when we're ready to give some sneak-preview beta access we'll let you know on this thread. So keep an eye (and enable notification) on this thread. We don't have a timeframe, but we're working hard on it.
  • Keep up the good work Brett, I can wait to see my business explode with paypal standard and google checkout. Google checkout is gaining traction in the market from which I gather. Adding American Express soon too, life will be grand.
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    Unfortunately Google Checkout will probably have to wait for a future version, but we're doing a lot of the "retooling" right now for multiple payment options so hopefully (when we get to it) it won't be as big of a deal.
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    FYI, we're still making progress with 060, but we're also fixing some other issues as they come up. For example, today we rolled out fixes for when customer_password doesn't match customer_password2, the checkPasswords javascript was not being called to display the correct error message. Also, UPS error responses were not being properly logged or displayed to the customer.
  • Hi Brett ... this is Hendra. Thanks for replying to my email on Paypal Payment Standard.
    As mentioned in my email, I am dying and need this feature up as soon as possible. :)
    My website is planned to be up next week on September 15, and I will have to put an announcement that the online payment is not ready yet until I have the Paypal Payment Standard supported.

Thanks so much guys for all the hard work.
  • can't wait unit paypal payment standard is intergrated. i have not backing on money to get a pro account. just time.

btw
    i love you guys/girls. haha
  • Looking forward to PayPal Standard! :-)
    Please add me to the beta test list.

Thanks.
  • update?
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for bumping our sticky. :)

We've been working on some interface/css redesign for the multiple payment section on the checkout and cart pages and most of that work was committed in the last couple days. There's definitely more to be done before we can open it up for testing, but we're making progress.

As much as we'd like to throw everything into 060, we're also looking into some known issues with 051 and have to focus on continuing to support our existing customers. There are some shipping rate inconsistencies we're looking into as well as the "forgot my password" email not including the clear-text password since it can be blanked out in certain situations (such as a returning single sign on customer) in favor of validating against the password hash.
  • Thanks for the update Luke. I hope this will come soon too. Thanks for all the hard work.
  • I'm excited about the new release, especially the new subscription api in the pipeline. Our team would like the chance to work with a "preview" version of 0.60, when it becomes available. Thanks for all the hard work guys.
    Amirali.
  • Just poking my nose back in here to see if there are any updates. Thanks!
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    Making progress, but also working through some issues and the quantum gateway outage we had. We're still working closely with their developers to figure out why our server doesn't like to play nice with their backup server.

One notable bug we just fixed in 051... if you had something in your cart and you tried to do a cart=updateinfo it was completely breaking if you had taxes configured. We've updated the code to empty the cart first, before moving on.
  • Keep up the good work guys, you are awesome. I'm looking forward to paypal standard. Hoping for a christmas miracle. My SEO efforts have been stellar and paypal is going to help me a lot.
  • bumpedy bump bump
  • lukeluke
    FoxyCart Team
    We've made some huge progress this week at the cost of some sleep. :) We might be opening it up to some of our developer friends in the next couple days (though it's still under a lot of development). Stay tuned. Those who want in early may deal with some bumps and bruises as we're still testing and adding new functionality.
  • brettbrett
    FoxyCart Team
    Attention all: We're closing this thread, and moving the v060 discussion to the official pre-release bug thread:
    http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=1971

Please see that for more info. Thanks for your patience!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion