Two problems with custom checkout page

kanjigirlkanjigirl Member
in Help edited August 2009
I've got my checkout page customized but am having some issues. If you go here and choose one of the top dropdown menu options (it's the only one working at the moment), and go to the checkout page...

http://www.redkitecreative.com/projects/getborn/subscribe/

If you're entering a new account, the page is working fine, except that I want to hide the 'encrypt my card and save it for next time' box. I did this in a previous site by adding this to my page head section:
<!-- FoxyCart - to remove save cc info box and saved radio box -->
	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
		jQuery(document).ready(function(){
		jQuery("#li_save_cc").remove();
		jQuery("#li_cc_saved").remove();
		});
	</script>

However, this apparently isn't working now for some reason or I'm missing part of it.

The second problem is that if you try to enter existing account info, email and pw, the login graphic just spins, the page never loads. :(
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    FYI, your favicon isn't caching, so the page isn't 100% secure. Check the bottom part of this for details:
    http://foxycart.com/ecommerce-tips-andamp-tricks-favicons.html
    Seems like when we wrote that blog post browsers didn't complain, but FF3.5 is complaining for me, so it's worth fixing.

As far as the issues go, remove that extra jquery call you have on your template that you're caching. If you call jQuery twice things get really weird, and since FoxyCart includes it automatically you can remove it from your templates. (You can remove it from your main site templates as well, since the foxycart_includes.js file includes jQuery too.)
  • Great - this has removed the spinning login graphic, but I'm still being presented with this box: 'I give get born magazine my permission to encrypt my card number and use it in the future to process my subscription' - and the 'use saved payment info' box, which I want to hide. I do not want users to be able to save cc info at all because Paypal won't process my orders if they do.

This is the script FC gave me a few months ago to make this happen, and I have it in my cached template:
    <!-- FoxyCart - to remove save cc info box and saved radio box -->
    	<script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8">
    		jQuery(document).ready(function(){
    		jQuery("#li_save_cc").remove();
    		jQuery("#li_cc_saved").remove();
    		});
    	</script>

Do I need to change this somehow?
    Hmmm... that code should work. You have another js error and that _might_ be causing the problem. Can you try removing a few other things from your checkout template and recaching?

- swfobject.js (not conflicting but not needed, might as well lose to improve pageload speed)
    - screen.js (IS CONFLICTING. the .supersubs() bit isn't defined. not sure why, but if you don't need it remove it. it's not working as is anyway.)

Let me know if removing the screen.js is possible, and if so, if it fixes the problem.
  • I removed .swfobject.js and screen.js, that didn't hurt anything, but now when I try to login on the checkout page, it says 'your customer information has been found from a previous transaction' but the login graphic just spins, it never loads the rest of the page.
    Hi kanjigirl.
    Can you whisper me the user you're testing with? Sounds like it's either an issue with that specific user, or something else weird. New users seem to work fine, but I don't have a returning user to test with.
  • I think you're right, I think it was a problem with that user. Is it possible to delete a user?
    edited August 2009
    We'll take a look at that customer record to see what went wrong. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Nevermind. The user isn't the problem. The extra javascript is. We'll have to redo that. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    kanjigirl: you should also be sure to cache your checkout template as your css files are not coming through https. That's probably just because you're testing, but I thought I'd bring it up just in case. As to js error, I'm not sure what Brett's seeing, but maybe you got it fixed already.
  • I think we've got this taken care of now but we're still doing a little testing.
    So, kanjigirl, what we've been whispering about is: Is it fixed now? Did you get the hiding of the "save CC" checkbox going?