Conversions

sheeleysheeley Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2008
Any simple way to load the checkout's final page as checkout.html?amount=$$$$$?

http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration:googleanalytics
^ Seems pretty close but also pretty empty :)
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hmm... not sure why we have a blank page there.

Will this work for you?

^^analytics_google^^ = Optional. If you're setup with Google Analytics, go ahead and toss this into your receipt template to get the required google form added to your receipt.

(from: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:placeholders)
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    While we're talking about it: Currently you need to have a custom subdomain for this to really work, as Google Analytics can't track cookies across domains. So www.yourdomain.com -> yourdomain.foxycart.com can't be tracked*. www.yourdomain.com -> secure.yourdomain.com should work fine, but you'll need to add an extra line of code to flip GA:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration:googleanalytics

Also worth noting: Google just released new analytics code that offers some new functionality. We're taking a look at this and will update once have time to sort our how this affects what we're doing.

* It can actually be tracked, but the code GA uses to append form and link values messes with Thickbox, so it doesn't really work currently.
  • Well, I'm actually trying to integrate with Salesforce/Clicktracks, so all I really need is to be able to pop ^^subtotal^^ into the url so it can be tracked. I *may* just use a redirect on the receipt page but that would probably entail a whole lot of stuff going via GET so I'm not really excited about using that method. I would just have a link but once people have their receipt I don't think they'll be looking for the next step and we want to be able to track each order. Thoughts?
  • Wow, I'll just load a page on our site with amount=^^subtotal^^ in a hidden iframe. I'm not awake yet.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    A page on your site...? I'm not sure that will help you since we won't be doing a find/replace for ^^subtotal^^ on your site.

We'll talk it over and see what would be involved to add something to the url string. Maybe a POST -> GET redirect... No promises though.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    No, he means load an iframe on his site with the ^^subtotal^^ in the scr attribute of the iframe, then he can use that as a GET value on that page. Only potential issue would be in making sure you have a certificate for your own site, as currently our receipt page is loaded securely, so if you try to load an insecure iframe it'll throw warnings (or just not load, depending on the browser settings).

Does ClickTracks have some sort of javascript array that can be loaded like Google Analytics does? Maybe we could add something to output an array to their specifications.
  • Brett: ahh, good point. I'm not sure about that, I'll have to check and see. As far as I know it just uses the GET but maybe there's some other method.