Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

foxycart_includes.js without jquery

eded Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited August 2009
Would it be possible for you to host (may be by choice one or both) versions of foxycart_includes.js file with and without JQuery?
This would make a bit easier to do upgrades and fixes. We already use Goggle API to link to JQuery. For that reason we had to strip it from the foxycart_includes.js and host locally.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Ed.
    Yes, this is definitely doable, and with our next release we will likely also be hosting an additional includes file for 3rd level domains (like example.co.uk or .com.au).

We've ticketed this, and we'll explore the possibilities.
  • Is there any update on this - our CMS automatically includes JQuery and I would like a version of foxycart_includes.js that does not automatically include JQuery, in order not to duplicate the inclusion of JQuery (yes I know that was repetitive but I'm try to be clear :))

Thanks

ewitch
    Good question. Do you need the 3ld version, or just a no-jQuery version?
  • I'm curious if there has been any movement on this - we'd also like a version that does not include jQuery automatically as we're already universally including the google hosted version.

Not sure if this has been addressed in 6.0, but I couldn't find it anywhere...

thanks!
    -mike
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Mike. We were just discussion this yesterday, actually. The next version will probably include jQuery separately. If you need to do that now, you can look at the source of the foxycart_includes.js file and it will point you to where all the raw files are. You can then include those individually with your own jquery instead of pulling it from our server.

Hope that helps.
  • MattBMattB Member
    edited January 2010
    Is there a "foxycart_includes.js" file now that doesn't include jquery that I can reference on your server instead ?

I'd prefer to have control of jQuery's loading, so I guess I'll roll my own includes file and host it myself if this situation remains unchanged.

Please advise. Thanks! :-)
    edited January 2010
    Hi @MattB
    We're still discussing this, but for the time being just do what Luke said above and view the source of the includes, then copy out what you need. The critical one is the foxycart.js, which needs jQuery. So long as you have jQuery first, then foxybox.js (if you want it) then foxycart.js you should be fine.

To answer your question though: No, not yet.
  • Ok, fair enough. I've made some modifications and I've got things working even better than I originally wanted. I've also documented the process and sent the modifications / documentation to JoomExtend who is already linked on your wiki. What I've done will make it simpler and even more "foxy" to add the cart system to any given joomla site and potentially further reduce your support burden. So, you're welcome. ;-) You can now get back to adding more features! :-)
    Haha, THANKS!
    Feel free to edit our wiki as well if you think it'd make sense.
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration