The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Error: There was an error processing your credit card: (U U) U

bwentebwente Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2008
Error: There was an error processing your credit card: (U U) U

What happened? I hit submit again and it went through.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    (U U) U?
    Hmmm... what's your payment gateway? I don't think we've seen that before.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sounds like the gateway had a hickup... strange.
  • Paypal -- from their documentation

CVV response code for U.S. Credit Cards
    M CVV code match
    N no match
    U unavailable
    S service not supported
    P not processed
    X no response
    Was it PayPal live or sandbox? Their sandbox has issues. Not that that's a great answer, but it does. Times out occasionally. We haven't seen it happen on PayPal's live server, though, which is good news.

I'm not quite sure how it'd give an "unavailable" error... if it was there to tell you that it was unavailable, then I'm not sure why it wouldn't be available enough to actually do what it's supposed to do.

Let me know about sandbox v. live. We'll look into it further.
  • yes it was sandbox.

the client also got an error this morning

10001 internal error

hopefully it just the sandbox, it started last night when I setup the subscription to start using the cart, but I am still using the foxycart sandbox account until we go live.
    Huh... I'd actually recommend using Authorize.net's test mode for testing. It's way more solid.

If you do experience any errors with PayPal once you go live, let us know. At this point though, I'd chalk it up to PayPal's sandbox just being a little lame.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited January 2008
    ...a lot lame.

CDG FTW!

(I've been using For The Win a lot lately...)

For real though, take a look at CDG or just go ahead and sign up. They are $10 a month with a free gateway. Can't beat that.
  • ShaneRobinsonShaneRobinson Member
    edited June 2009
    Getting the same error this evening. Using PayPal in test mode. I'll try Auth.net for testing per @brett's advice but thought I'd add my "ditto on the PP error" here.

Screenshot attached:

paypalerrors.jpg
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yea, this one's annoying. Eventually we'll get serious about fixing it, but from what I know about it, it comes down to the sandbox just completely tanking during the request. We have yet to hear of a single issue like this on a live paypal account though.
    edited August 2009
    @Thinkbetter (via whisper):
    Are you sure you're on the live gateway, and that you've configured your PayPal account as directed on our wiki?
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:paymentgateways:paypal

That error shouldn't be occurring on a live gateway unless something's very misconfigured.
  • WTF I followed the directions on the wiki and they are really bad... have you read them? This is what they say "If you see “Request API Credentials”, click it and proceed to Step 5." Then there are no steps numbered 5 anywhere on that document. So now I need to choose two different options in Paypal:

Option 1 - PayPal API

PayPal API credentials identify you to PayPal with a unique API user name and password that allows you to make API calls. You can either grant permission to your shopping cart or solution provider, or request credentials for yourself.

Option 2 - Payflow Pro

Payflow Pro uses a set of system-generated identifiers to provide API access. You can either grant permission to your shopping cart or solution provider, or request credentials for yourself.

Maybe you could just help me figure this out instead of sending me on a darn wild goose chase through your forum. This is really ridiculous. I need to figure this out for my customer and would like to not have to wait a day each time I post something to the forum.
    edited August 2009
    Sorry for the frustration. There was a formatting error on our wiki that's been corrected now. (The bullet under point 4 reset the numbering, so bullet 5 started back at 1.)

As far as the docs being "really bad", is there anything else that's confusing? It's a fairly straightforward process, but PayPal has a habit of changing things around quite often, so the PayPal docs in particular sometimes aren't accurate. If you're having problems or the docs aren't reflecting what you're seeing we'd be more than happy to help, but there's not really much more we can do other than point you at the documentation and see if that helps.

If you have ideas for how we could make this process easier we'd love to hear them. We take all user feedback very seriously.

Also, you're seeing Payflow Pro options. Are you sure that you have a WPP account? Where (URL) do you login to PayPal?
  • Well I guess which one to choose and I guess I picked the right one b/c it now seems to work. As far as things you could do differently it would be my recommendation to offer a phone support or at least live chat. You could even just work straight email but I think forum support can be helpful but should not be the primary support. Most of my issues that I had were very small issues that took me way to long to solve or wait for you guys to help me with. They all could have been answered with a three minute live chat or phone call. Recommended book - Titled "Raving Fans" you guys should read it.
    Thanks Thinkbetter.
    Out of curiosity, would you be willing to pay more for a livechat support option? The reality is that for $15/mo it'd be impossible for us to both provide support _and_ tackle the myriad requests we have: (http://requests.foxycart.com/

I don't think we'll ever do phone support, though. Very, very few hosted services provide phone support. Some of our thoughts on the matter:
    http://www.foxycart.com/support-options.html
    http://www.foxycart.com/phone-call-requests.html

That said, thanks for pointing out the issue with the docs. We do have plans to improve our support systems, and we are in the process of adding a support team member, so hopefully as we continue to grow we will be able to offer quicker turnarounds on support requests.
  • this same error just happened to me....ONLY when i use a CERTAIN coupon code...other coupon codes it processes it fine....no coupon codes it processes it fine... when i try a certain coupon code i receive that same error. what's going on? this is live paypal pro... payments have had no problem until 2 people tried using this new coupon.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Can you please whisper us the coupon code and the store domain? We'll have to take a look, but it's possible some kind of rounding discount detail line item is throwing off the order total compared to the sum of the transaction details. Paypal should be throwing a normal error... and not this. Are you by chance sending a negative amount to the gateway because of that coupon?

Even so, the error message should show up, not U U U. Please whisper us with details so we can take a further look.