FedEx: Not returning shipping rates (was "Shipping Error")

jrdubjrdub Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2008
I'm a paid subscriber (as of today) and I'm building out a store. I've configured all the options under settings, profile and shipping. My client has a Fedex account and they ship domestically using Fedex Pak via ground and home delivery. The gateway I'm using is Paypal and I'm using the sandbox account. But when I go to checkout I get this error before even entering credit card data:

"Error: This store has not been setup correctly to calculate shipping to this location. We apologize for the inconvenience. The store owner has been notified of this error."

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hmmm... that's the error that happens if you try to ship domestic or internationally but don't have selections defined for them. What's your store subdomain?

And thanks for signing up!
  • Selections? I don't see any other options on the shipping page. Please explain.

subdomain: 6ft-under-par
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hmm... something's not right. We had an issue with FedEx a couple weeks ago and I spent hours trying to figure it out. It turned out to be their whole system was down because I couldn't even get a rate quote from FedEx's home page.

Huh.. strange. I just did a rate quote from fedex's website using your store's zip code and Ground didn't even come up as an option!!!

Your store only has ground selected. FedEx has this really funky system where ground and air are two separate systems. Maybe they are having trouble with their ground stuff right now. My suggestion: add more shipping options under "shipping" in your store setup.

...and complain to FedEx as to why Ground rates aren't available right now.
  • I've encountered this on our site occasionally... usually changing the address and forcing the data to be resent fixes it. Maybe a "try again" button would work?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited January 2008
    I just got off the phone with FedEx and they had a maintenance window over the weekend, which doesn't actually line up with when jrdub first reported the issue, but they have in fact had downtime on their production servers lately.

We're attempting to duplicate the issue so we can send them the specifics, but if you happen to see this while testing (and you have Firebug installed), please copy the response for the shipping AJAX request and paste it on this thread (or whisper it to me if it contains personal information) so we can get back to FedEx with details.
  • Alright, well it seems to be an issue only with Fedex Ground. If I choose 2nd day or overnight or any of the other options except the two we need (ground and home delivery), it works fine. But my client only ships Ground so this is bad. It doesn't matter if I change the address or resubmit, it's a repeatable problem. I'm not sure if you still need the AJAX request but you should be able to reproduce the error by going to http://6ft-under-par.com/index.php?id=8 and going through the checkout process.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We spent today working with FedEx's SOAP web services implementation to hopefully avoid the issues we're seeing with their XML gateway. We got a working test version implemented into our system, but it does not appear to be working correctly with international rate requests.

We'll keep you posted.
  • Just so you know, we only need domestic shipping capability. Thanks for your hard work!