The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Is this style of order form possible?

bjbkbjbk Member
in Help edited August 2009
Hi Guys,

I am currently doing some work for a local winery, and was under the assumption that this style of order form would be possible, but after doing a bit more looking, seems like possibly its not. This website will give you a basic idea of the style of order form I'm after: http://www.turkeyflat.com.au/purchase/

Would this style of order form be possible? (as opposed to adding products to the cart one by one)
Comments
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    Well after lots of looking around, i realised I'd already seen the answer in the docs. I have just used the "Adding Multiple Distinct Products At Once" setup, and set the form to submit straight to checkout, and also empty the cart each time its submitted. Works a treat!

Now to just add in custom shipping values and add some extra forms to the checkout to confirm age.
  • You can also look at my site for an example. Here's a page where I don something very similar:

http://berkeleypoint.com/products/hardware/quicklink.html

All values names for all entities within a unique product should be prefaced by a unique number. Example:

Product 1
    <input type="hidden" name="1:code" value="S0160-0003">
    <input type="hidden" name="1:name" value="Quick Link 1/8">
    <input type="hidden" name="1:price" value="1.19">
    <input type="hidden" name="1:weight" value="0.02">
    <input type="hidden" name="1:unit" value="Each">
    <input type="hidden" name="1:discount_quantity_percentage" value="Discount{10-5|25-10|100-15}">
    <input type="Text" size="2" name="1:quantity" value="0">

Product 2
    <input type="hidden" name="2:code" value="S0160-0004">
    <input type="hidden" name="2:name" value="Quick Link 5/32">
    <input type="hidden" name="2:price" value="1.46">
    <input type="hidden" name="2:weight" value="0.03">
    <input type="hidden" name="2:unit" value="Each">
    <input type="hidden" name="2:discount_quantity_percentage" value="Discount{10-5|25-10|100-15}">
    <input type="Text" size="2" name="2:quantity" value="0">

two tips. IE freaks out of you have more than, say, 20-30 products, and will cause the modal cart to stop functioning. and the number that prefaces the name can be no longer than 3 digits.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Thanks tjay.

@bjbk, definitely test in IE.
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    Thanks tjay, thats what I'm using. Thanks for the tip on IE, the client I'm working with now has less than 20 products currently, but I'll test thoroughly in all browsers before launching.