The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

xml DataFeeds

RickWRickW Member
in Help edited September 2009
I've set up a test datafeed and I'm getting an error message...

<br />
<b>Warning</b>: fopen(xml_to_simple_csv.01a/data/55.csv) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>/home/content/w/e/t/wetzel4/html/xml_to_simple_csv.01a/xml_to_simple_csv.php</b> on line <b>92</b><br />
Couldn't open file for writing. Check your file and folder ownerships and permissions.

I've set the read/write permissions for the "data" folder but still a problem.
I'm not sure about "ownerships".
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Rick.
    What files/folders actually exist at this point? Also, sometimes if you upload a script or folder over (S)FTP it'll be owned by your user, but Apache typically runs as "nobody", so you can run into awkwardness. Is the folder in question set to 777?
  • Actually, I'm using xml_to_simple_csv.php to parse the xml and then I'm going direct to a MySql database. I disabled the fopen etc. so everything is working great. I do have a question however. When I run test.xmldatafeed.php foxy appears in the window. Can I assume that when the xml datafeed runs, "foxy" won't appear in a new window.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    The test script encrypts and POSTs the XML to the endpoint you specify, and displays the output. The "foxy" response is what it should be outputting if nothing errors out. When FoxyCart sends your endpoint the XML, it should (hopefully) return "foxy", which is how FoxyCart knows that you got the datafeed. So it'll still be outputting "foxy", but it won't open a tab or window on your browser, since it's happening between the FoxyCart server and your own server. Your web browser isn't involved.

Does that make sense? Or have I completely missed the mark? Let me know either way.
  • I think I understand. Thanks for your help