Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Multi-ship From Addresses?

joelataylorjoelataylor Member
in Help edited September 2009
Hi, I'll be setting up my first couple of foxycart systems in the next few weeks. I had the client ask me today if it was possible to set up the shipping pricing based on location from 2 optional warehouses?

For example, they have a warehouse on the West Coast and one on the East Coast. Obviously it would be a lot cheaper to ship a product from the respective closest warehouse to the customer ... but does foxycart somehow allow for such customizations?

Thanks for any replies.
Joel
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Joel.
    At this point, no. This question has come up in the past, but currently our only real recommendation is to vote for "super ship" here:
    http://requests.foxycart.com/

The first piece of "super" that we implement will likely (not guaranteed) be the ability to specify your own shipping gateway script, so FoxyCart could query your own system to determine the most appropriate shipping rates. It'd obviously be for more advanced users, but at least it'd provide pretty much unlimited flexibility while we work on adding additional flexibility internally.

Does that help?
  • Hey Brett, thanks for the quick response!!!

It helps answer that question. ;)

I was about to ask if I could do any of this on my own, but looks like I'd be re-creating the foxy-cart modal on my own, then once I've figured out the shipping forwarding them on to a real foxy-cart modal - which I'm not sure would even work.

Looks like we'll just have to sit-tight until Super Ship is available.

Do you know what others have done to cover options? Nothing? Just curious.

Again, thanks for the quick response.
    Joel
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I know of one company that has their own unique shipping model and they also do some pretty fancy JSON cart interaction. You can check them out at http://modernash.com/

They include shipping costs as their own line item.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Also, if you really really want to you can kind of hijack all the shipping on the checkout itself, but we can't support that. But it's worth mentioning if you _really_ want to get your hands dirty.