Below is an interesting question from a client regarding subscriptions, credit cards and the new user API, that I'll try and summarize. Any thoughts on how the back end functions would be great. And if my searches couldn't find a match to what I'm asking, please just post the link.
- Jon Doe purchases "subscription 01" with credit card "xxxx...0001" on 01/01/2009.
- Jon Doe purchases "subscription 666" with credit card "xxxx...0666" on 06/06/2009.
- Pending nothing funky, both cards are active and good for rebilling.
1. Since Jon Doe used a different card for the second subscription purchase, does his "subscription 01" recurring billing now charge against the new "xxxx...0666" card, or the original card used?
2. Store owner logs into User API screen and wants to update Jon Doe's credit card number. Does changing Jon Doe's credit card number affect all his previous subscriptions in regard to what cards they were originally purchased with?
Mainly, the store owner just wants to know how to handle customers who, for whatever reason, use different cards between different purchases. I'm guessing it's "one card to rule them all", but wanted to make sure.
Thanks again you all.