adding additional email to cart

GETBORNGETBORN Member
in General edited October 2009
I'd like to put another email address on my cart--i.e., I have someone managing orders for me, and I'd like her to get the ordersin addition to me. Can I do that, and where do I put in her email address?

Thanks!
Comments
  • tookingstookings Member
    edited October 2009
    Howdy.

EMails will be copied to both the main store email (assuming you have the option set) and the category specific admin email addresses. However, we use email distribution lists in our mail software set for each customized category admin email, and then manage who is included in the list from there...in some cases we have 1 recipient, in others about 5. (I would use the category emails for this and not the store email, since you can customize them...and also be sure only order information is sent to your distro list.)

Would something like that work for you?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    To clarify, in case it's not clear, when tookings says "email distribution lists" that can be as simple as something like orders@example.com that then forwards to you@example.com and somebody_else@example.com.

In Google Apps (which is pretty great, and free) it's easy to set up. In most other systems it's also quite easy as well.
  • O.k., I think. Thanks, guys. I will try to do this, but am still unsure as to where to put in the information.
  • O.k., so when I go to "Settings," there's a "Store email" blank, but room for only one email.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    I can't tell who's handling your email, but it'd be a two part process.

First, create an email address on your end (not FoxyCart) that takes something like orders@yourdomain.com and forwards it on to the multiple email addresses you need.

Then, in your FoxyCart admin, add orders@yourdomain.com as your store email address. So FC sends to orders@, and your mail system takes that email to orders@ and sends it off to the multiple email addresses you want.

Make sense?