The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

error log - category

RickWRickW Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2009
I'm getting a strange error.

CDsclass does not appear to be a valid category. Please login to your account manager and update your category list.

Its as if the quotes are dropped. My code as written:

<a href="https://wetzelandcompany.foxycart.com/cart?name=Patterns %26 %20Textures%20from%20Yellowstone&price=79.95&code=WAC026&category=CDs"class="foxycart">

I guess, as a workaround, I could create a new class just for this error, but I'd rather not.

I'm also getting a "No Transaction Id" error - not all of the time. I cant replicate the problem, but it is showing up in my error logs.
Comments
  • tookingstookings Member
    edited October 2009
    Is this happening if you try "Buy CD" from the page I whispered below? (And what browser you using?) The problem didn't seem to replicate, from a quick look. (EDIT: noticed the title and that you are seeing this in the error log... The category does appear in the JSON for me as "category": "CDs" so that part seems right at least.)

(Oh, let me know if you ever get tired of me poking my head into your threads. :)
  • I'm not having the problem. I noticed the issue in the error logs.
    I use a mac, and the problem seems to be
    Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0)
  • Have you tried adding a space between the end of the href and the class? So instead of ...CDs"class="... its ...CDs" class="...

Maybe the browser just isnt recognising that.
  • I added the space as bjbk suggested. I'll find out if this works.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Please do update. Looks like perhaps IE6 needs a space after the ". Having the space there is probably a good idea regardless, but I'd be very interested to see if that solves the problem.
  • The space seems to have stopped the category error, but I'm still getting the No Transaction ID found error. Check out my error logs for today
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Responded to that other error on the other thread.