The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

not transaction id found

RickWRickW Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited October 2009
I've read thru most of the threads and haven't been able to figure out why I'm getting these errors in my log. Any clues?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    As you've probably read in the other threads, this error can happen for a variety of reasons, but typically it isn't a "real" error. For example, if you have a checkout on a tab and close your browser, next time the browser opens it may try to open that checkout tab with the previous session, which is now expired. That'd create the error.

In some situations, if you attempt to reload the receipt, it'll cause this error.

We've seen it happen in the background as well, related to the shipping rate requests, but that's more an edge case.

Unfortunately, this is just kind of a "generic" error. We're working towards improving things to try to eliminate as many of these causes as possible, and to make them more descriptive when they do happen, but for now you can _probably_ safely ignore them. If you do see a pattern or believe there's a cause we (or you) can fix, please let us know, but at this point they're not (usually) a big deal.

(Also worth noting is that most systems don't even give you error logging at all. We do, because we'd rather be transparent, and because they can be very handy.)
  • Hi Brett,
    Thanks,
    I'll keep an eye on it and see if there is a pattern. I could put a footer on the cart and checkout that promotes "contact us if your having problems" and a link. What do you think?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    That'd be a great idea, actually. You could even put in a "click for live chat" thing via GTalk (not sure that works over SSL) or something similar, but it's always a good idea to make it easy for customers to get in touch.

You could even use javascript to determine if that error appears in the page, and display an additional bit of HTML in that situation. I'd love to know what you end up doing.
  • "I could put a footer on the cart and checkout that promotes "contact us if your having problems" and a link. What do you think?"

RickW did you end up doing anything? if so please post so I can copy it... thanks!