Presales Question

a2b2c2da2b2c2d Member
in General edited January 2008
I am interested in using foxycart with modx however we are looking for a specific feature. You mention the one page checkout but it is always followed by, with login. We want to have a landing page, 1 page, that not only introduces the product but has the credit card/shipping form all right there on the same page. Is this possible and if not how close can we get to that for new users?

Thanks for your time.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Yes, it's definitely possible.
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:checkout:prepopulating

Check the bottom of that page. Basically you'd just pass in a space for the customer phone or something to force the checkout to load in "one-time-use" mode. It's slightly hacky, but it works really well. Let me know if that answers your question.
  • Makes sense. However can this checkout page that it takes it to be fully customized to appear as a landing page?

If so, would I still be able to do a normal checkout without the custimized landing page checkout form for normal customers?

Thanks for the prompt response.
    So you're talking about 2 separate checkouts? It's certainly possible, but you'd need two stores. Luckily, however, you can manage both stores from a single login, can use the same payment gateway, and could point the XML to the same place if you wanted.

The only thing worth considering is that they'd have separate sessions (thus separate carts) for each store, so you'd probably want them to be pretty separate.

Also, you'd need to use the &cart=checkout parameter in your links/forms for the landing page checkout idea, to add the product to the cart and proceed to checkout immediately (bypassing the cart). I love the idea, though.

Does all that make sense?
  • Yes, that makes sense. We are going to talk it over and perhaps play around with it to see if it does exactly what we want. It would be nice if they werent seperate however, for our application it may work out nicely for tracking purposes. Thanks for all your help.
    Let us know if you have any other questions. I think the idea is pretty cool, and I'd love to see it implemented.

If you really wanted to get tricky with things, you could conceivably use a single checkout for both and rely on javascript and the cart contents to dynamically change the HTML/CSS accordingly. Might be more trouble than it'd be worth though.