We're very excited to give interested developers access to v060 as a beta pre-release. There are _many_ of you that have told us you needed v060 "yesterday" or "last week," and while it's not 100% at this point, you can now turn it on for your stores.
What it has:
The big ones are:
* PayPal Standard
* Debit (non-credit) card support
* True guest checkout (checkout as a guest or create/use an account)
* Display the full checkout on pageload
* Multiple payment options (CC + PO + PayPal or any combo)
* Much better cart functionality wrt detecting changes that would require an update, and improved updating (try changing quantities on the cart)
* XML now has CDATA tags
What you absolutely need to know:
v060 is still undergoing _ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT_, and things _WILL CHANGE_. The wiki upgrade notes are a work in progress. PayPal's sandbox is kind of a pain, and we haven't documented it yet.
We do NOT recommend using v060 on a live store at this point. Really, we're not just saying that. We've done a lot of testing, but there are bound to be issues, so please don't just "set it and forget it". Let us know about any strangeness or room for improvement, and we'll let you know (via this thread) about any changes we made from here out that might impact you.
What's not done yet:
* Ability to select the guest/account options. (Default to guest, default to create an account, only allow one or the other.)
* Subscription improvements.
* Testing Google Analytics as it relates to PayPal Express Checkout.
Again, DO NOT USE THIS!
You've been warned
We recommend no upgrading your live store at this point, but rather creating a new store to test with.
Links of interest:
* Upgrade notes
* New XML (coming soon; you can grab it yourself if you're interested in the meantime)