The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

xml datafeed issue fixed!

RickWRickW Member
in Help edited November 2009
After trying to deal with my host, thinking the real problem was with them, I re-looked at my xml code and solved the problem. I wrote echo"foxy"; after I submitted xml data to my database. That all took a little too much time. I now write "foxy" before making the database call and everything works great. I hope this helps anyone who has this error.

DataFeed Failed: (658547) 2009-11-08 14:39:32 No data returned for http://www.yourstore.com/xml_to_simple_csv.php [0] Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
Comments
  • I had this issue as well. I think it's worth noting in the documentation.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sorry, we had some whispers behind the scenes on this one but didn't end up posting publicly. For 060, we did increase the timeout to 20s on January 19th. Please let us know if you're still having trouble. That being said, if your datafeed processor is taking longer than a few seconds to respond, you probably want to have another look at the code (and/or your host provider) because something probably isn't right and you certainly don't want your customers waiting around for their transaction to complete.
  • I haven't had a problem for a while. I think it might have to do with my hosting server. The last time I had an XML problem was when I had a huge spike in traffic and I don't think my server could handle it. I ran a promotion and my traffic went up 30x's. I'm sure the added delay will help - Thanks.