I read the docs, but it's not clear to me if I can:
- Automagically log a customer into my site (running WordPress) once they check out and hit the receipt page
Here's the idea:
1. Customer checks out and pays for a product
2. New account created for the customer in WordPress (via a custom XML script that takes the datafeed and plugs into the WP database)
3. Customer hits the receipt page, where I have an option to "Upload Files". Customer can only see this option if he is logged in (which I assume would be always?)
4. Customer uploads files, which are associated with the customer via an ID or some other unique identifier.
I may be asking the wrong question here. I'm assuming the customer is always logged in (to FoxyCart) when he's on the receipt page. What I need to do is make sure the files the customer uploads are associated with the customer in WordPress, probably by passing the customer's ID to a script.
Another option is to just send the customer from the receipt page to a login screen in WordPress, but I'd like to avoid asking the customer to re-enter any login info.
I hope that was somewhat more than obtuse...