The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Datafeed Error - How to resend transactions?

SmallHDSmallHD Member
in Help edited November 2009
All was working well until 11/18. We had a server crash and several transactions failed with "name lookup timed out". The DataFeed URL works fine now, but the failed transactions will not resend. In the past, the feed would automatically turn off if it could not connect. That no longer seems to be the case. I tried turning on and off the feed, but we cannot get the failed transactions to send.

Please Advise! Entering all these orders by hand is a PAIN!

-SmallHD
Comments
  • tookingstookings Member
    edited November 2009
    Howdy SmallHD.

Also, make sure you have cleared the feed errors, in the error log...I believe that will reset the feeding to start again.

But it won't resend those missed transactions anymore...at least in 051...easiest way to do that, is via the transaction API, which is almost in the same format as the datafeed. (There is an example demo of pulling this here, but I haven't posted the code for the transaction version...need to do that.)

Does that help?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi SmallHD.
    This is coming up quite often recently. We've been discussing an API improvement in v060 to make this easier, and Luke was testing it out last night. It's not ready to go, but we do realize this is a problem and we're actively working on a solution.

But the API might help in the meantime.