The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Question about transaction feed and subscriptions

blockablocka Member
in Help edited November 2009
Does a transaction feed come every time a subscription is processed, or just the first time when the subscription is purchased?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Whenever FoxyCart successfully processes a transaction, you get a transaction datafeed. So yes, it's every time. The subscription datafeed only comes once daily and only includes info about subs with expiring payment methods or that have errored on billing.

Does that help? Let us know if anything's not clear.
  • I asked a similar question on a different discussion. I could use so clarification of this - when I send through the original subscription transaction, I include data I use to determine what user record to update and such. Does this info get sent again each time the subscription is processed (the recurring payments)? How might the xml differ, if at all, to indicate that this is not a new subscription but a recurring transaction?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey vainisi. You should be able to look at the subscription start date and the customer id to determine if it is a new subscription being process or an existing one. I responded to your other thread as well which might shed a little more light on how things work.