"Order total Invalid" Error 10401 on Paypal Express Sandbox checkout

LiquinautLiquinaut Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited November 2009
I'm currently in a very early state of the shop integration and it's the first time I'm working with foxycart, so maybe I'm doing something completely wrong. Please advise me if that's the case.

When trying to process a test payment through Paypal Express checkout I get the following error:

There was an error processing your payment: (10401 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) Order total is invalid.

I can't find any specific faults in the error log that could have caused the problem.

I use german Paypal standard sandbox accounts for processing.

If you need some further informations about my setup, pleas let me know.

Thanx for your help,

Paul
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Paul.
    You're testing with v060 (just want to make sure)? Can you whisper us your store URL and the URL that has the add to cart link or form that will cause problems?
  • Hi Brett,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm testing with v060 as my customer demands Paypal Express / Standard ;-)

As my customer does not want to be found in any search index yet I am deploying and testing locally to minimize the risk of being listed - although the site can be reached through a redirection service for the time of testing.

Therefore I wouldn't want to post the link here to prevent indexing.

But maybe we could set a timeframe when I put the site online and you take a look at it? I could PM the address to you. That'd be great!

My local time is GMT+1 (Germany) - maybe we can find a timestip that's right for you? Please let me know!

Thanx in advance,

Paul

P.S.: Maybe the local setup is causing the problem? Although the communication between foxycart and the shop seems to work, as shipping and tax are applied correctly at checkout...
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    What store is this for and how are your categories configured? Are you using any coupons or discounts? It might be a case where a combination of discounts or taxes are calculating an order total that doesnt match the line items. It could also have something to do with the German currency setting. If you can't make the site public, go ahead and whisper us the FoxyCart store domain so we can take a look at your category settings along with an add to cart link that is causing the problem you're seeing.
  • OK this is what I got so far:

There must be a problem with the currency settings, because I get this error only when it's set to german €EUR.

I was able to process a complete transaction with currency set to US $Dollar.

Any idea of how this can be solved? I know that v0.60 is beta, so I am willing to help sort things out if it might be a problem on your side. If not, I'm really glad for any hints or suggestions.

Cheers, Paul

P.S.: Store link has been whispered. I'll try to keep the store online for as long as I can. If the site is down then my laptop is probably changing places ;-)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Paul, we'll take a look, thanks for posting. We have some other things we're trying to finish up as well, so if you don't hear from us in a couple days, please feel free to ping this thread. Thanks.
  • synchronicitysynchronicity Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm also getting this error with Euros currency...

v060 and trying to get paypal payments working...

It's too late for me to probe the error further tonight, but any help would be appreciated.
    Here's the store: http://www.vertebr.ae/ceramic-bicycle-components/
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks all. Looks like paypal isn't liking EUROS. We'll add it to our todo list.
  • I tried changing the currency to $ USA with a Spanish locale via the foxycart store settings and now I get the following error:

"There was an error processing your payment: (10472 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) CancelURL is invalid."

I guess I'll have to turn off paypal processing in the meantime. :-|
  • Hey luke, a bit of further info:

If I do not check "Let customers pay with a Credit or Debit Card" in the store payment settings, it defaults from live servers to test servers. :-S

Hopefully you can get this paypal option sorted out soon, as I think it will definitely augment the number of transactions processed...!
  • LiquinautLiquinaut Member
    edited December 2009
    +1

I still have the same problem, too. If there's a chance for a fix, that'd be great.

Cheers!
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    The CancelURL issue is known and we're in the process of fixing it. For now just make sure that your store URL in your settings is something like http://example.com/ (with trailing slash) instead of http://example.com (without trailing slash).

@synchronicity: Can you clarify about the store settings and live/test? You mean that if the credit/debit portion is unchecked that PayPal goes to test, even if the radio button above says live?

@Liquinaut: Which issue are you having? Sorry, I'm a little confused.
  • synchronicitysynchronicity Member
    edited December 2009
    Basically, if the credit/debit portion is unchecked, I click on "live server" radio button, click the "update payment gateway" button, it will then say "Gateway Updated", but when I go to reload the same page again via STORE --> PAYMENT settings, the radio button has defaulted back to "test server". This doesn't happen if the credit/debit portion is checked. Currently I have the credit/debit portion section checked, with the "offline payments" option selected, and the radio button stays one "live server".

The error still occurs, even though the store url is listed *without* the trailing slash.

The curious thing is that the paypal payments still did not work even though I fiddled with the currency & language/location in the language template settings, for example "English locale with USA dollars".
  • Hi Brett,

I am the thread starter and I still have the initial problem described in my first post: I am not able to process a transaction with currency set to Euros using Paypal standard checkout, because I get an "Order total invalid" Error. With currency set to US Dollar, I've got no problem to complete the transaction. I'm not in a hurry yet, but the implementation of the store depends of this feature.

Thanx for your help,

Paul
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    @synchronicity: can you start another thread please? There are some issues with the 060 admin and some browsers which you may be running into. We'll need to do more testing on various locales as well.
  • Anything new on this topic? Still getting the "order total invalid" error with currency set to EUR together with PayPal Express Checkout.

Thnx, Paul
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for following up, Paul. It's on our list of TODO's but there are some other things we're looking at first which impact a larger number of stores. It's definitely on the list though.
  • Anything new on this topic? Sorry guys, I really need this!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Sorry for the delay, everyone. This is actually a long standing issue that we've had with currencies that use commas instead of periods for the fractional parts of the order total. Is there a different currency setting you can use that will still display the EURO symbol but not use commas without confusing your customers too much?

Paypal express seems to work just fine with EURO's, just not with the Spanish locale currency formatting we're sending it.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I may have just had a breakthrough on this issue... though we usually try to avoid making changes to existing live versions, we just implemented a change to the 060 Paypal gateway that seems to fix this issue. Please let us know if it's working for you as expected.
  • Yes, it works!

We're going live soon, count me as a new customer... :-)
  • LiquinautLiquinaut Member
    edited January 2010
    Hey guys,

European currency just partly seems to work. As long as the price has no value set for cents (e.g. 1.00, 2.00, 5.00, 20.00) it works flawlessly. But as soon as cents are used (eg. 1.99, 2.95, 5.50 etc.) I get the order total invalid error again.

Note: All prices are formatted with a dot in between euros and cents, e.g. "1.99". Formatting with a comma "1,99" just has the effect of the cents being ignored and the price being set to "1,00" at checkout. Price values with commas handed over to foxycart are invalid, right? (Just want to make sure).

My shop is set to german locale btw.

And another (minor?) issue: At the end of the checkout page it now states: "No Payment needed" - which is obviously not correct. ;-)

Thanx for your effort!

Paul
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Paul. Is there a different locale you can use that does not format the currency with a comma? That seems to be the source of the problems and we do have a ticket in our system to fix this, but we don't have it scheduled for a specific release yet.

As for the "No Payment Needed" showing up, that's because the JavaScript on the checkout page has basically broken down completely trying to handle adding and subtracting to the currency with a comma.
  • JanSoloJanSolo Member
    edited January 2010
    Just for your interest...if you choose Ireland (never thought of that) the price is shown point seperated and the No Payment Error is gone. Had the same problem here. ;)