The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

can I use FC for food delivery site?

modxtommodxtom Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited December 2009
Hello guys,
was lurking around the forums for a while but can';t find the answer to this one.
I have a customer who have a fast food delivery shop and want to sell locally online and deliver.

Some orders will be paid online while others will prefer to pay cash on delivery I guess, which I am not sure how Foxy cart handles this?
is it possible at all with FC?
is this the Purchase Order payment option ?

What I would like is to offer any payment option on checkout page. from there on the receipt and emails as usual.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey modxtom. Checkout the changelog for our latest version 060. It supports PO and payment options for the same store. Previous versions required two different stores. Though 060 is not fully "released" yet, we have a lot of stores using it live without any major issues.
  • That's great news. I wanted to use modx for his site for the many known reasons but wasn't sure if FC will let me do it or if I want to consider Magento or the like.
    anyway, modx+FC always wining if can work.
    so I guess I'm going to install it this weekend and see how it's actually working.

Thanks for the speedy reply luke.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Let us know how it goes. That's a really good use of the multiple payment methods that v060 introduces.

Thanks for using FoxyCart!
  • I'm thinking to do similar project using FC and MODx.
    Post is pretty old, I was wondering maybe you have some live examples of working sites?
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @sinbad,

We have a few examples available on our website - hope that helps.