Another Pre-Sales Question

SulmanSulman Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2008
I would like to use FoxyCart with ModX and I would like to create a "paid listing" service similar to http://authenticjobs.com/ . What I actually want to do is allow users to pay a flat flee to list on my site, and I wanted FoxyCart to be able to process the payments. Is this integration possible and if so, how much would it really cost for me to develop (I need to pay somebody because I stink at programming!)
Can someone just quickly explain the mechanics of integrating this kind of service in a layman's terms? Thanks.

p.s. - Just as a side question, what Forum Software is FoxyCart running? Is it possible to integrate such a forum through ModX? Please PM or message me if you know the answer! Thanks! This site rocks!
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    It it possible: Yes, definitely. Most of the work is probably already done with the webuser subscription code in the wiki, but you'd probably need to hire somebody to help you. I can recommend a few people if you're interested.

The forum we're running is Vanilla, but we'll likely be switching to SMF (which is what MODx is using) at some point in the coming months. Possibly PunBB, but probably SMF. There's nothing wrong with Vanilla, and it's great if you're looking for a slightly different and streamlined approach, but we're moving towards more traditional forum feel in order to keep things clear.
  • Hey Brett,

Thanks for the prompt response; want to communicate privately? I'd be interested to hear about programmers you know that'd be willing to do the kind of work I need to do.
    And about the Forum, Vanilla is beautiful; I wish SMF was as "slick" as it (e.g. Mootools, ajax etc.)...but I guess you are right, the traditional forum experience is much more familiar and easier to navigate. Looking forward to hearing from you.