Discounts again?

bwentebwente Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2008
I know it has been asked before, and that it is being worked on.

In fact I have worked out a way to have javascript manipulate the price after the page has loaded.

But I was wondering if there might be away to add a negative priced coupon (-$5.00 off) when added to the cart. And yes, do not allow the quantity to be edited.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    So I'm assuming we're not talking about a quantity based discount?
    We'll actually be adding incremental quantity based discounts and BOGO (buy one get one) type discounts (which could also be "buy 3 get one $5 off" or etc.) once we're done testing it.

So if neither of those options work for you: No, a negative priced item will error most all the supported payment gateways, so that's not a good option (unless you're doing POs or offline processing).

As far as disallowing editing the quantity: Pixelchutes worked up something pretty slick recently. I'll see if we can work an example for the docs on that. If you'd be so kind, bump this thread in 2 or 3 days if you don't see a link to new docs.

Does all that help?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    BOGO type functionality implemented today into 0.3.2.

Syntax is almost identical, except you'd add the "repeat" flag in front of the tiers:
    ?name=testing&price=10&discount_quantity_percentage=Buy one, get one{repeat|2-100}

We chose "repeat" because the logic is actually a repeated incremental quantity discount. Incremental quantity discount as opposed to an "all-units" quantity discount, which is our default behavior. Anyway, docs and explanation coming shortly, but it's here now.