The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

xml datafeed error

RickWRickW Member
in Help edited January 2010
I am testing FC v.6 and all was working fine but then I got this error message

DataFeed Failed: (851327) 2010-01-05 07:58:14 No data returned for http://www.wetzelandcompany.com/xml_to_simple_csv2.php [0] Operation timed out after 10000 milliseconds with 0 bytes received

Strangely, my database received and processed the data feed just fine. And echo "foxycart" is in the parsing code. 10000 milliseconds should be plenty long enough. This problem happened in the past, but I though I solved it. Do you think I have to change hosts?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We'll discuss this privately and get back to you, as I do remember this coming up, and if it's a recurring problem that's just lame for you. We don't like being lame. But addressing this in a scalable way is challenging.
  • I have this same issue. I upgraded to v6 this morning and ran a transaction, to make sure things were still working as expected. My transaction went through (i see it in my merchant account) and my database received the order fine. Yet I got notification that the xml feed was not processed.
  • I've tried twice again and receive the error only one of the two times. I haven't a clue.
  • I've run 4 test transactions and gotten it on every one.
  • RickWRickW Member
    edited January 2010
    I did a little research on xml/php response. I noticed in the tutorial code the following:
    echo"response";
    exit();
    I tried adding the exit(); line after echo "foxy"; and tried a test transaction and this time it worked. But then again it has been hit or miss. I'll keep trying the test transaction. Hopefully, this is the answer.
  • I'm still getting this error, each and every transaction.
    @tvainisi, can you whisper us your store? Also, to confirm:
    - If your store is v051 this _doesn't_ happen, but it does on v060?
    - You do in fact receive the XML successfully?
  • tvainisitvainisi Member
    edited January 2010
    I'll try but I don't really see what this has to do with my script, since everything is working fine on my end - its only foxcart reporting an error.
  • Well, I ran the test_xml_datafeed script using the raw xml I save in my db after each transaction. It responded immediately with "1". I have my doubts about whether I set this up right. Its just not as simple as your normal setup, because I use one an altered version of the example php scripts to decode the xml and stick it in my db, then I use curl to call my script and process the xml.

Again, everything is working as I expect it to on my end. I receive the xml, process it, and the order appears in my cms (and my subscriptions get activated and such). Its only foxycart that thinks there was an error.

Also, what is this stuff about echoing "foxy"? That's just something from the test script, ya? I don't really have to configure my script to respond with the word "foxy" when its finished do I?
  • tvainisitvainisi Member
    edited January 2010
    Okay, when I changed the store back to 051 and ran a test sale, it looks like it still generated an error that appears in the error log on the foxycart admin. However, its only in v06 that helpdesk+bugs@foxycart.com emails me an error msg.

Maybe it was generating these errors all along and I didn't notice.

Still, the issue is the same. Everything works on my end. I receive and process the xml foxycart sends. The transaction goes through the merchant account. The order appears in the foxycart admin as well as my cms. What's the problem then? Why does foxycart think there was a problem?
    edited January 2010
    Yes, you do. That may be the issue. If you respond back with a "1" or anything other than "foxy", we'll assume it failed. That could be the issue. ...
    Wow, that's not really explicitly stated on that wiki page. That's a pretty huge oversight, but oddly enough it's never come up before, perhaps because the example scripts have it documented? In either case, I'm sorry for that not being very clear. That's really important.

Just updated, added a Details section:
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:datafeed

Does that help?
  • For what it's worth, I too get these messages and thought it was related to Foxy 0.6. Turns out I always got these messages, they just weren't made apparent until 0.6 because no email was sent in 0.5.1.

I'm still in debug mode, so my XML datafeed echoes a lot of stuff. My assumption is that FoxyCart thinks something went horribly wrong because it doesn't just get "foxy" as a response. I'm not ready to test my theory yet, but I'm almost positive that the cause of this error is any output other than "foxy" in the datafeed XML.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yes, that will definitely cause it to fail. Currently, the XML datafeed needs your server to output one "foxy", no more, no less.