The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

xml data feed

RickWRickW Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2010
So, I upgraded to v6.0 and my datafeeds were working fine. Numerous transactions and no problem. Today, the xml datafeed failed. I tried to retransmit the datafeed (a great new feature in the FoxyCart transaction section) and it too failed. I'm at a loss as what to do.
Comments
  • Update:
    My first invoice's datafeed failed and the posting my database failed.
    The next invoice's datafeed failed but the posting to my database went through.

Does this help solve the problem?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey RickW. There are a number or things that can cause a problem here... Are you able to run the XML again and save it as a file and then run that XML against your processor as a test to see what errors are there? I'm referencing this stuff: http://wiki.foxycart.com/integration?datasrt=&dataflt=tags:testing
    Do you see any errors in your store's error log?

Even php warnings (anything other than "foxy") can cause the Datafeed to fail. We may be changing this to trigger of HTTP status codes in the future, but for now this is how it works.
  • Hi Luke,
    There doesn't seem to be any pattern. I had a transaction go through fine this morning - no datafeed error. I tested my xml feed numerous times in "test mode" and no problem using test_xml_datafeed.0.7.php.

I've had large orders, small orders - no pattern. I sell credits and products. I have had problems with both and sometimes both go through fine. This is going to be looking for a needle in a haystack.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Was your host perhaps having a latency issue? If we can't get a "foxy" within 10seconds it'll fail... We are aware that this happens to a select few stores, and we are also aware that it's kind of a major issue when it does.
  • That's my best guess too. I hate to change servers only to find out that that wasn't the problem. Oh well, I'm going to stall for a while and see what happens.