The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Cannot Checkout - Error 10472

carlcarl Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited January 2010
I am getting the following error whenever i try to use paypal to check out.
Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10472 Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.) CancelURL is invalid.

I get the same error with both Live and Sandbox modes.

I have don't a search of the forums but cannot find an answer.
Comments
  • That is a paypal error code.
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=developer/e_howto_api_nvp_errorcodes

What Paypal gateway are you using?
    Does this happen only on a single or couple transactions, or every transaction?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @carl, sorry about that. We need to fix it. The issue is that your store URL needs to be a valid URL. The most common cause of this error is the lack of a trailing slash on your store URL as set in FoxyCart.

The issue is that FoxyCart will give PayPal a few different URLs in case the user cancels. If you have a domain without the trailing slash then it turns into something like http://example.com?foo=bar, which isn't a valid URL.

We will be fixing this so you can't enter it incorrectly, but for the time being just add a slash to your domain in your FC settings. If that's not the issue please let us know.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    carl, can you post here the url you have entered for your store in the FoxyCart admin (or just let us know which store this is for so we can take a look)? That error happens because Paypal doesn't like something about that URL and that's the URL we send to them as the cancel option for the customer. We've seen it complain about some screwy stuff before like an underscore.
  • the url is http://www.gollygaloshes.com/

I added the trailing slash as brett mentioned and now I can get to paypal, but i still can't checkout. My error is:
    Error: There was an error processing your payment: (10004 Internal Error) Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.

• brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    @carl, did your cart contain any negative dollar amounts or anything when you attempted to checkout? If not, let us know how to make this error happen so we can test it (step by step).

Thanks.
  • I think this was a problem with my account rather than Foxy cart.

All appears to be working now in sandbox and live mode.

Now i just need to figure out my discounts as per my other post - lol

Thanks for the help
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    As for the CancelURL invalid issue... we thought we fixed this but actually only fixed it when you update an existing store. New stores weren't getting the '/' on the end as needed. Should be fixed now.