UI vs UX

ShopGenteiShopGentei Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2008
So here's an interesting question, do you include the login/registration if there is only one product to purchase? I would assume that it seems a bit unnecessary to have a buyer sign up for an account if they are only buying one object and the purpose of the site is to sell this one object. IMO, the login is great for returning buyers, but in this situation we've got one product, one price, and that's it. What do you think?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You can use the single-use-customer option described in the wiki if you want, but I would think most forward-thinking store owners would want to be ready with the next promotion and make it easy for there customers to return and make a another sale.
  • I get your pain ShopGentei.

In implementing carts for other customers in similar situations, the same point was brought up but in the end they decided they wanted to enable registrations for future usage ... like if they ever came up with another product or "add on" that made sense for their original purchase. More importantly though the FoxyCart version of an account really only takes an email and a successful checkout ... no multi-field laborious form prior to being "granted the privilege" of giving the shop owner your hard earned cash. Here's how we phrase it on one store in the checkout template:
    If this is your first purchase, our cart will ask you to enter a password for future use.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited March 2008
    Eventually, we'll probably have an "anonymous" customer option that someone could pick on the fly... but no hard plans for that yet.

"Eventually" has become my favorite word lately. It's good thing we do actually get some work done once and a while.