The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Tax needs to be displayed before billing address filled in

skiski Member
in Help edited January 2010
Hello

Is there a way to get the tax to be displayed in the checkout before the billing information is filled in? We are a business in a resort town and we are not shipping our products; customers collect their products on arrival, and our tax is always set at 5% GST regardless of the customer billing address.

I can foresee a lot of customer confusion when the total price changes after they fill in the billing address fields.

Thanks in advance
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @ski.
    Have you tried a global tax band? I know this has come up before but I don't recall the best solution. Perhaps running the tax calculation function on page load would work. Whisper me a URL to an add-to-cart page and I'll take a look.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    edited January 2010
    Brett, I think this is an issue with global taxes that hasn't been resolved yet (see #866 and #850).

This has definitely come up before and needs to be fixed to avoid confusion but it seems to have slipped through the cracks. Thank you for bringing it to our attention again. We'll try not to let it slip off the requirements for the next release.
  • skiski Member
    Thanks guys, appreciate the quick response.
  • In the meantime, maybe you can hide the tax line and display another with your own calculation? I can foresee rounding being an issue through.
  • limberlimber Member
    This is a problem for me, too. A global tax isn't showing on the bottom line and that's an issue. Any word on how to deal with this?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey limber. We fixed this in the next release which should be available for beta testing soon... stay tuned.