API Requests, as requested :)

tookingstookings Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2008
The last post I saw regarding the API was a few months ago, so I thought I first ask if there were any updates? (foxycart looks wonderful, and we're testing now! but on to the show...)

We would love to see API calls for:

= User options (I know these are complex/debatable)
- change a user's email or password (or allow changing password within foxycart)
- allow verification of a username/password against foxycart

= Subscription options
- cancellations
- change next recur date
- change recur schedule period
- change recur amount (and product description)
- query for all active subscriptions (low priority)

= Fun Extras (might not be API)
- store and retrieve all information entered from abandoned carts
- pass user/pass data into foxycart, if logged into another system

Thanks! :)
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    - pass user/pass data into foxycart, if logged into another system
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:checkout:prepopulating
    Also, while not discussed, there's a password hash that's sent in the XML datafeed, which could work for synching passwords between FoxyCart and another system. (More a one-way synch, but interesting option nonetheless.)

- change a user's email or password (or allow changing password within foxycart)
    You can currently change your password on the checkout page.

Your other ideas are definitely nice. We're in the process of revamping a few things under the hood that will allow us to be more flexible down the road, but we'll use this thread as the "official" API request zone. Thanks for starting it up!
  • tookingstookings Member
    edited March 2008
    Great, thanks! My only question (and trying to avoid hijacking the new API thread) is that with the pre-population, is there anyway to pass in the email and password to login, but without kicking it into "one-time-use" mode? (Or my other thought was just passing the email for more security -- but in "existing customer" mode, so it just prompts for a password confirmation.)
  • Here's another....although with security implications:

- API call to sell something (pass in existing user/pass + item options -- and get back yes/no or full XML feed)