The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Clearing the cart on "Cancel and Continue Shopping"

mbowzeylombowzeylo Member
in Help edited March 2008
Hey Everyone,

Maybe I missed it in the documentation, but I'm a little stumped. It there a function to clear the items in the cart?

Basically what I want to make happen is when the user is on the checkout page and they click the "Cancel and Continue Shopping" button when they are returned to the store page all items have been removed from the cart.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi Mike.
    We just added some functionality for this. It's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's close.
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:parameters?s=empty#emptying_the_cart_before_adding_a_product

That functionality empties the cart on cart add, so it's slightly different, but it might work.

Let us know what you think, as this is something we recently added and haven't had much feedback on yet.
  • Ahhh... perfect Brett. This method is a bit different but it does exactly what I want. Basically I only want the user to be able to have 1 item in their cart. This method always ensures that the last item they added is the "current" and "only" item existing in their cart. Works great for my application.

Cheers
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Oh, well in that case: Keep an eye out over the weekend, as we'll probably be pushing some min and max quantity options, which might be even more perfect for what you're looking to do.
  • Will do... thanks Brett.