Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

XML Datafeed / MultiShip / where did the ship to method go?

consolibyteconsolibyte Member, Integration Developer, Consolibyte Quickbooks
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2010
I'm trying to find out what the shipping method is for an order on a store that's using MultiShip.

The API/XML datafeed normally shows the shipping method in the [shipto_shipping_service_description] node, but that node is always empty for MultiShip orders.

I can't find the ship to description anywhere else in the XML. Where can I find it / can I get this information for MultiShip orders?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    With multiship the transaction_details->transaction_detail->shipto node will be non-empty. You'd then use that value to match it to the shipto_addresses->shipto_address->address_name node, and the shipto_address node has a shipto_...

Oh, huh. Ok, I'll leave this one to Luke ;) Sorry, I'm not seeing what I think should be there, which means it's either a bug or our example XML doesn't have everything it should.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    The first example in the wiki for 060 has the shipto nodes listed: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs:datafeed and I just ran a test to confirm... they should be showing up just fine.
  • consolibyteconsolibyte Member, Integration Developer, Consolibyte Quickbooks
    OK, I think I was unclear about what I'm looking for. I know I can find out *where* to ship it, but what I need to find out is *how* to ship it.

For normal orders, I get back a [shipto_shipping_service_description] node which will say something like "USPS Priority Mail". However, for Multi-Ship orders that always seems to come back empty. Here is the actual response I'm looking at:
    http://pastebin.com/m1c7390e (all of the person's information has been removed for privacy)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Oh. yeah. ok.... I'm stupid. :)

Sorry, I was completely missing that part of it. We'll take a look and see how involved the fix is.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Ok, should be there now. We also fixed the date_created and date_modified fields which were always showing up empty. We had this as ticket #873 back in 051, but at least we got to it eventually. :)