There was a field format error. Please contact support.

dja4mowerdja4mower Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2010
Hi

I have the following error at checkout

There was a field format error. Please contact support.

Searched the forum & only found one topic saying it had been resolved - I double checked the wiki and my settings are correct according to what I found there.

I am UK based using the manager.paypal login to access my paypal account

All help appreciated

Kindest Regards,

David
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hello David. Which store is this for and which product are you adding to the cart? If you could send us a link so we could take a look, that would definitely be helpful. Additionally, are you using the latest version (060)? You can find your version by going to the "settings" menu in the admin.
  • Hi Luke,

The store is www.loveyourstuff.co.uk/wordpress

There are only 5 products & they all get the same error here is 3 of them:

http://loveyourstuff.co.uk/wordpress/manhattan-portage-westside/

http://loveyourstuff.co.uk/wordpress/crank-brothers-5050xx-pedals/

http://loveyourstuff.co.uk/wordpress/vax-balmes-laptop-case/

Version 0.6.0 is selected in the settings menu.

Cheers,

David
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Are you having this issue just with a normal gateway checkout using Pay Flow Pro or are you seeing it with the paypal express payment method?

We just rolled out a small change to the Pay Flow Pro gateway which might help this issue, but unfortunately we're not able to test it in depth at this time due to our UK payflow pro test account no longer working. We've gone back and forth them and it's been quite a pain. It's actually quite difficult for a non-UK company to setup a UK sandbox. Searching through their forums, it looks like they've recently put things together in place and might be able to help us get setup again: https://www.x.com/docs/DOC-1651 We've got it "on our list" to get our pay flow pro test account credentials working again so we can more accurately test for and avoid these types of errors.

Either way, please let us know if you're still having this problem and which checkout type you're using.
  • Thanks Luke,

PayPal express works fine - However when entering card details I still get the field format error - rendering the checkout down to just a PayPal cart. I really wanted to have the option of customers using their cards through the system.

Is it likely to get resolved or do I need to think again?

David
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    edited February 2010
    @dja4mower
    We'll definitely want to get this resolved. I'm not sure what the issue is, and I'm not seeing any fields that look malformed, but we'll let you know. An error like this is obviously something big for you to actually make sales, which makes it big for us.

Out of curiosity, have you tried entering the postal code without a space in there? That's the only thing that stands out to me at a quick glance, but Luke probably has a better idea of what's wrong so I'll let him followup.
  • Hi Brett,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just tried with no spaces in the postcode & I still get the same error

Thanks for all the help

David
  • I'm receiving this error too with Paypal Payflow Pro and a U.S. based address. How do I resolve the problem?

Thanks

Terrell
    edited September 2010
    Terrell, we'll take a look. I see you sent a bug report in too but we may followup here to keep the info and possible solutions public.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Terrell. Can you give us specifics of the address information used? Were there any special characters in the company name, address or customer name? Anything that might give us some information as to which fields may have had an incorrect format? If it's private customer information, just use the "whisper your comments to" feature. Both Brett and I will be able to see it.

Thanks.
  • Hi - is there any update on the problem? If there's anything I need to do on my end, please let me know.
    Hi Terrell.
    Sorry for the delay. We took a look over the weekend but neglected to update this thread. At this point we're not 100%, but it looks to be only impacting your store and no others using Payflow Pro. There's a piece of the error message from Payflow that we're not including in the error response, which is what we're looking into now. We'll update as soon as we have it sorted out.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Terrell. Can you go ahead and try again? We had to poke around a bit and do some testing with your live account credentials, but it looks like we found a bug which may have explained the problem. The customer ip wasn't being correctly sent to the gateway. We just rolled out a fix and things should be working now. Pretty frustrating that PayFlowPro's sandbox doesn't complain at all but the production account fails. Either way, it should be fixed now. Please let us know if it's working for you as expected.