Foxy Forum Status

We're no longer responding to questions via our forum, but we will keep it up for historical reasons. If you can't find the answer you're looking for, please visit our knowledge base or contact us. If there's enough interest in the future, we may bring the forum back.

Shipping method in receipt?

joelataylorjoelataylor Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2010
Hi peps,
I did a quick search and didn't find an answer, so I'll ask it real quick:

Is the only way to display "Shipping Method" in receipts is to create your own receipts?

Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @joeltaylor
    Can you clarify? The shipping method should come through in the receipts. Are you using multi-ship or anything? If it's not coming through then it's either a bug or I'm confused.
  • The shipping PRICE comes through - but it doesn't specify the shipping METHOD. It is in the Transactions report and the XML feed - just not in the ^^receipt^^ placeholder. :) does that make it clearer?
    Hmmm. Definitely odd. I just took a look at a receipt from a non-profit I help with from this morning and see:
    Order #: 991081
    Order Total: $38.90
    Shipping: USPS: Parcel Post

You're not seeing a Shipping piece in that block?
  • Ahhh, I found the difference - it's when I'm using a custom js function to set the shipping ... hmmm ...
    Hmmm indeed. Let us know what you discover. I'm kind of interested.
  • Ok, so here's my observations - after absolutely no testing, just pure speculation. HA!

The Setup:
    I have 2 product categories. 1 is setup using Live Shipping Rates and the other is set to Shipped Using Flat Fee.
    It's the latter category that I'm using custom javascript to set the options (express or standard) and then calculating the price depending on the product quantities. This works beautifully from all angles - except when printing on the receipt.

The Output:
    There are 4 places that can show you the details of an order:
    - Transactions Report (in the FC admin area) - this shows the custom shipping option = Express Shipping (approx. 2-4 days)
    - The XML Feed - this shows the custom shipping option = Express Shipping (approx. 2-4 days)
    - The Emailed Receipt - this DOES NOT show any shipping option = **blank**
    - The Transaction Print Receipt - this shows the CATEGORY shipping option = Flat Rate Shipping
    All display the correct (custom) price.

So there seems to be some inconsistency when printing the shipping option. The email receipt is a standard receipt - just customized via the templating system. Using the ^^receipt^^ and ^^cart^^ placeholders.

Phew - not sure if this is a bug or not. Oh, and we're on v51
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting, Joel. I'd like to say that we'll take a look and get this figured out soon, but we'll probably end up spending that time on improving the shipping system in general so these custom javascript hacks can go away. That being said, I will create a ticket for this and reference this thread so if we are tinkering around in there in a future version before SuperShip, we'll see if there's an easy fix.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Oh, also, if you get a chance, could you try this out on a test store setup as 060? It might actually be something we already fixed... stranger things have happened. :)
  • Hey Luke,
    Thanks for the info. Yeh - right now I'm just advising the client to reference the FC admin for shipping details that don't come through on the receipt.

I do plan on upgrading this client to 060 some time in the next few months - so I'll let you know if it does change/fix itself. (If I remember!)

Thanks again.
  • vikramvikram Member
    edited August 2011
    I was working with the receipt pages. I wanted to include the shipping type and shipping amount to the cart. So I wrote a javascript that would pull the shipping information from the 'Ship To' block and add it to the cart. It works fine I use multiship but when I have to deliver to myself the 'Ship To' block does not show the shipping information.
    I am sure if it a bug or I am missing something.

I am using version 0.7.0
  • fc_adamfc_adam FoxyCart Team
    @vikram,

could you link us to your store?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey vikram, thanks for whispering the link. This does appear to be a bug with the multiship receipt from what I can tell. Thanks for bringing it to our attention. We'll look into the issue and create a ticket for it. Most likely we'll make this change in a future version, but if we can fix it with complete confidence it won't cause any unexpected problems, we'll try to add it to 070/071 as well.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    We ended up rolling out a quick fix for this on versions 070 and 071. The shipping method should display in the shipping block now.
  • Awesome.... Thanks for the quick fix.. I really appreciate the support you guys provide to the customers.. 10 on 10 guys :)