The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Easy Product Options For Store Managers

carlcarl Member
in Help edited February 2010
What would be the best way to allow a non-technical user the ability to add product options/sizes/prices using foxy-cart/modx integration?

While i'm fine add code like:
<label class="label_left">Colour</label>
<select name="colour">
	<option value="yellow">Yellow</option>
	<option value="orange">Orange</option>
	<option value="pink">Pink</option>
	<option value="black">Black</option>
</select>

If a user (a retailer) simply wants to add a new product or colour or option, there is no way he'll be able understand the above.

How can I make it as easy as possible for them to create their own options?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    What I've done in the past is doing something like creating a Colour TV and putting in the description a note to your client like, "Enter the options separated by 4 dashes, like this: Red----Orange----Yellow----Green"

Then you create a quick PHx modifier to take that, explode() it against the '----' and foreach output your options. Optionally do extra checks and don't output the <select> at all if there are no options, or output a hidden input if there's only 1 value, etc.

That's how I've done it in the past though. That basic idea can easily be extended.

Make sense? Thoughts?