Checkout not working in 0.6.0

vossavantvossavant Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited February 2010
Hi guys,

My apologies if this has already been addressed.

I noticed on my latest store that checkout doesn't do anything. This means:

- Clicking "Pay now" doesn't fire the form action or any validation scripts
- All of the checkout "boxes" are visible from the start, even before entering an email.
- Entering a proper email doesn't cause the password box to show

Downgrading to 0.5.1 (without any changes to my code) removes all of these problems and checkout again works as expected. Is this something that's come up before?

I'd like to stick with 0.6.0 as my datafeed script works with this version.

P.S. my store URL is https://tristate.foxycart.com/checkout.php

EDIT:
I didn't catch this earlier, but Firebug console is throwing this:

config.lang is undefined
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @vossavant
    Looks like you found a bug. We'll get back to you. In the meantime, if you want to just get it working you can delete the line breaks in your language customizations (for the password fields). That should do it.

PS: Nice work on the fairly radical checkout layout change. I've actually played around with columns in the past but couldn't pull it off. Works well for what you're doing.
  • Hi guys,

Any update on this bug? I checked my language customizations (password fields) but don't see any line breaks to remove. Maybe I'm just being dumb...
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey vossavant, thanks for bumping. We have multiple whispers going on behind the scenes about this one and have opened a ticket on the issue. Have you tried removing all of your language customizations completely? Because your store is not currently on 060, it's difficult for us to see exactly what's wrong in your case, but there is a known issue involving line breaks in the custom language strings used in JavaScript. I'm not seeing any line breaks either, but the only way to be sure would be to reset them all to the default values and give that a try.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    By "line breaks" I meant a "real" line break, not a <br /> tag or anything. At the time I looked your password field text had some line breaks. Copy that text out to a text editor that shows you line breaks and make sure you get rid of them. So when you turn off word wrap it should just be one long line with _no_ extra line at the end.

We'll fix this issue, but for now that's the solution for you.
  • Hey guys,

Thanks for being awesome. I had the store running in 0.5.1 since things weren't working, but switched it back just now and removed the line break (not even plural...just a single, errant carriage return), and checkout is now working in 0.6.0.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thank you for posting, we do have plans to address the carriage return issue in a future version.