The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Labelling Taxes

gougeawaygougeaway Member
in Help edited February 2010
I've currently got my taxes in the checkout labelled as GST + PST. Fine and good. I just setup a category that only charges GST. Is there a way I can change this label? I'm not sure where I set this label initially, because I don't see it anymore.

I'm using v0.4.0 still, so I am wondering if the labelling got lost in the shuffle with the release of one of the newer versions.

I plan on upgrading eventually, but I'm a little under the gun here, so I'd rather put it off if possible.
Comments
  • It sounds like you have one tax set up to charge GST + PST, and another set up to charge just GST. Why don't you just set them up as completely different taxes, and apply both taxes to all but that one category. That way they will appear on two separate lines in checkout.

Unless v.04 works differently, because I've never played with it.
  • Ya, that is the issue - there is only one tax option on .04.

Thanks.
  • Bumping this - any way to edit the label for taxes?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    gougeaway, I'm a little confused here... There are no tax labels in 040, so there is no way to change them... If you're talking about the category name, you can change that on the categories page.

Honestly, your best bet is to upgrade as 040 is way old now.
  • In the shopping cart and on the checkout screen it reads GST + PST - which I assume I must have put in at some point when I initially setup the cart a year ago. Just can't seem to find where to alter that now.

I'll see about upgrading soon - sounds like my client won't need the unique tax case for a couple more weeks.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    You might be referring to the language menu option? If you renamed "Tax" to "GST + PST" there that might explain it.
  • That was it, Luke. Thanks.

Sorry for the naming confusion. Changed it to simply "Tax" for now, and I'll work on updating to the latest version as soon as possible.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Glad you got it working. The way we version sometimes can be tricky, but it's the best way to ensure nobody gets their store radically broken on every upgrade.
  • Ya, it definitely makes sense to do it the way you guys do it. There were a few snags with upgrading due to the way my site was setup before, but I ported everything over to a new Wordpress theme so upgrading should be a lot easier now.