The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

guest check out?

swensorswensor Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2010
hey all,

so i haven't been on for a while sorry if i'm missing something, but is there a way to disable the "checkout as guest" option? should i just hide it with css? or is there a more functional way to eliminate it from a store?

also, i'm trying to find the most seamless way to get a customer to recover (and/or change) their password from your system. what is it? i know "email my password" is on checkout, can i pre populate the email field when they land on the checkout page?

swensor
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    The setting is in the checkout page in the admin. You can disable it entirely there.

As far as pre-populating the email... yes, you can. The more robust solution would be to use the user API to create/synch and pair it with SSO, in which case you could handle the password on your own system. But if that's more than you need you can indeed pre-populate the email.

http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs/checkout/prepopulating
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    edited March 2010
    If you know the exact email address they used when they went through the checkout, you could prepopulate it. But if you passed through an incorrect email address, it could get a bit annoying for them.

If you're running 0.6.0 (which I assume you are) there are settings as to which methods they can check out as in the FC admin. Under Templates > Checkout there is a dropdown for checkout type. You can set it to allow customers only (ie: no guests)

Hope that helps.

[edit] @brett beat me to the punch :)