Test mode and ordering

kanjigirlkanjigirl Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2010
Hi,

My client's account is not live; she's using Paypal Website Payments Pro and has it set to 'test servers.' I tried ticking the 'use default test account' box on the payments page, but it won't save.

My question is, is it not possible to get to the receipt page unless the server is live? When we try to submit a test order and click the 'complete your purchase' button on the checkout page, nothing happens.

Our FoxyCart test products are here:
http://www.strikemodels.com/products/cannon-test/

--
Debbie
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Debbie. Couple things to get you started:

1) That checkbox doesn't actually "save" as checked, it just preloads the test account information up for you when you check it. That's a little confusing... probably should be a link instead to avoid confusion.
    2) You'll want to use our caching system so that all of your assets (javascript, css, images) will be served from our server securely (your checkout page is throwing some SSL errors right now due to files referenced directly from your domain)
    3) You don't want to include your own jQuery
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://www.strikemodels.com/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js?ver=1.3.2'></script>;

because FoxyCart already uses and comes with jQuery and loading it up twice can cause conflicts and JavaScript errors like you're seeing:
    Error: jQuery("#" + fieldName + "_name").autocompleteArray is not a function
    Source File: https://strikemodels.foxycart.com/v/0.6.0/checkout.js?v=060.004
    Line: 613
    If you use our caching system (check the screencasts on our wiki for more info on that) and remove the reference you have to your own jQuery, you should be good to go. If everything is setup correctly, you can definitely run some test orders all the way to the receipt.

Please let us know if that gets everything working for you.
  • Thanks! I removed the extra call to jQuery and used Automagicache and now I can get to the receipt page.

I get an error there on the receipt page though (which is using the checkout.html template): 'FC is not defined'

I put this snippet into my checkout form based on this other forum post:

<script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery("document").ready(function(){
    FC.checkout.config.orderFlatRateShipping = 5;
    });
    </script>

This snippet seems to be working, but do I need to do something to fix the error on the receipt page?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @kanjigirl.
    The receipt doesn't have all the same javascript as the checkout, so the easiest thing to do would be to just duplicate the checkout template on your end, remove the extra javascript, and cache that as the receipt.

Or just copy the already cached version of the checkout and paste it into the receipt, then remove the js. Just remember to update the receipt when you update the checkout.
  • Done. Thanks for the quick answer!