The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Checkout page disappeared

carlcarl Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited March 2010
On a site I am working on it seems that the checkout page has dissapeared.

The site is at golloygaloshes.com

Once you've added a product to the cart, clicking checkout with paypal immeadiately takes the user to the papal website skipping the foxcart chackout page.

This didn't used to happen. And I don't want it to happen as I have custom fields I wish to pass at checkout. As well as allowing returning customers to login.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @carl.
    This didn't used to happen.
    Define "used to", if you could? Since PayPal Express Checkout has been supported (as of v060, the current version at the time I'm typing this) it's always been a "complete" Express Checkout implementation, meaning the customer can go to PayPal from the cart OR the checkout.
    And I don't want it to happen as I have custom fields I wish to pass at checkout. As well as allowing returning customers to login.
    Short answer is that even a customer using PayPal will always hit your checkout. That's how Express Checkout works. Check this thread for more:
    http://forum.foxycart.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=2575&page=2#Item_18
    And @yaorex's comments above. (I think that link will get you to the right comment, but... shoot, no it won't apparently. Find my comment that starts with @yaorex.)

Discussed in previous threads is that you can certainly hide the PayPal button on the cart or on the checkout with some CSS if you need.
  • carlcarl Member
    Used to as in when I set the site up on Jan 29th.

Before the user would view the cart and hit checkout. This would take them to a foxycart checkout page where they enter their name and address details.

EDIT - I have to enable purchase order to get this behaviour. Sorry for the false alarm.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Ah, ok that makes sense. If you don't have any other payment methods selected the cart will only show the PayPal button. Glad you got it figured out.