AutoFill - Country incorrect

mbowzeylombowzeylo Member
in Help edited March 2008
I am wondering where the "Country" field in the billing information on the Checkout page gets its AutoFill info from?

It consistently puts the wrong Country in the field when my client places a test order but it always puts the correct Country in when I test it on my machine.

Is this information coming from the client side or FoxyCart side?
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    We're using MaxMind's GeoIP database to do a lookup. It's not perfect, but it's something like 99% accurate.

We'll see if there's a more current version than what we have, and install it if so.

Just out of curiosity, where's your client located? We haven't had reports of problems with it, but 99% isn't 100%.
  • I am located in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada and my client is in Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada. We are about 8km apart.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    It's based off of the IP address, so ultimately it comes down to the internet service providers, not the physical location of the user. Is there something special going on with his provider? Maybe they have a proxy going through a different country?

It may also be a new ip address that isn't in our system yet. We'll look into updating our data.

Thanks for posting!