Reduce load time

leehughesleehughes Member
in Help edited March 2010
Hi guys,

I have set up a product page where my foxycart form is etc but due to the extra JS and stuff my page is taking a long time to load.

With the features of a couple of plugins being lightbox and my drop down, am making 14 JS requests for this page..

Any advice on what I can do to speed this up?

I have quite files loading in the photos but I really need this lightbox feature, what do you suggest I should do to speed this up?

Thanks.. Here's the link

http://www.princessgowns.co.uk/prom-dress/night-moves/
Comments
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    @leehughes, that is quite a few includes, but not the most I've seen on a page :)

Firstly you can remove the call to jquery, as foxycart_includes will include that for you, so that's one less js call. If you wanted to minimize calls, my suggestion would be to replace the stuff you're using prototype/scriptaculous for to the jquery equivalent. You'll cut down on dependencies, and prototype/scriptaculous is quite a large library to include as well.

You could also combine your css into one file, which would cut down a few calls also.

Hope that helps
  • Cheers,

Is there a way I can compress the foxycart JS and CSS?
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    The foxycart js has already been compressed, but you could compress the css if you wanted to i would think. Something to keep in mind is that once the files are loaded the first time, subsequent loads are generally much faster as files are cached etc. You might also want to take a look at this thread.
  • Thanks for your reply :)