original cart image files

sgrohitsgrohit Member
in General edited March 2008
I'm trying to customize the FoxyCart standard theme by changing colors in some of the cart image elements to better match the scheme on my site.

This would be much easier if I had access to the original Photoshop or Illustrator files you used to create the PNGs. Would it be possible for you to post these somewhere?

No problem if you don't want to do this for copyright reasons (or whatever else).
Just wanted to ask.

Thanks.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    You're totally right.
    We'll try to post them this weekend. Please bump this thread if I don't update with the location of the files.
    (They'll be Illustrator initially.)
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    This post sounds familiar. I think others have asked for this offline as well. We'll make it happen.

Hey Foxy Community... you got something you want to share? Would you like to see more templates online? Please let us know and share with the foxy family. We've love to show off your mad design skillz.
  • barkerybarkery Member
    edited March 2008
    Is there an image file already created for "Additional Information" to use if we have custom checkout fields?
    edited March 2008
    Not yet, but gimme a few. I'll be posting an Illustrator file with the text and slices all ready for you to use to create your own.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Go Brett, go Brett... you're our hero...
    http://wiki.foxycart.com/design:themes

Icons are from the always wonderful FamFamFam (http://famfamfam.com/), but are included in the Illustrator file.

Font is DIN Mittelschrift.
    Colors are globals, so you should be able to change them in the palette and it should change throughout.
    Slices are already named, but you can obviously rename them if you want.

The icons and the credit card logos are slightly different than what's in the actual "standard" theme.

Let me know how that works for you.
  • sgrohitsgrohit Member
    edited March 2008
    These work great. Thanks, Brett.

Sorry to be a bother, but when might you post the cart image files as well?
    Muchas gracias.
    Oh shoot, I thought those were in there, but you're right. Gimme a few.
    New file uploaded with all the elements that I missed the first time (I think). The cart image (the official FoxyCart logo) isn't included in this file, as it's a piece of our official branding. But you should be able to rip a cart image from just about anywhere online if you need one.
  • Thanks, Brett.

Just to let you know, it doesn't seem like the safe, easy, and fast icons were included in this latest file, but I got them from the old one, so it worked fine for me.
    Thanks for letting me know.
    I've reuploaded and it should be good (finally) ;)
  • Brett,

I tried to open this file in Photoshop CS2 and it says that it was not saved with the "Create PDF Compatible File" option turned on.
    edited March 2008
    Yeah, it wasn't.
    I did some testing and with the PDF compatibility it really just allows you to open it in Photoshop, but it's completely flattened, uneditable, and without slices, so I didn't think it was that useful.

I just played around with exporting from Illustrator into Photoshop, but it flattened 80% of the stuff, but it does have the slices. I'm not sure why some of it is editable and some isn't, but hopefully it's a start. Having the slices and some sort of roadmap is probably the most helpful thing, but let me know how you find it. I spent a few minutes trying to figure out why it was flattening so many of the elements, but didn't have any luck.
  • I tried to open the PSD zip file but got an error message that it was corrupt... is it me or the file?
    Shoot, you're right.
    Try it now. Sorry about that.
  • Are you sure? I just tried to open it again after a hard refresh and reboot and it is saying it's still corrupted.
    Yeah, I just tested and it works fine on OSX and Vista... if it's still not working whisper me and we can figure it out. It's the same filename as before, but it should work now. Sorry about that.