Email addresses

pixelnetpixelnet Member
in General edited March 2010
I've just started using Foxycart and think you've done a great job in developing this!

When people input their email address during checkout what happens to it? Is it something we, as site owners, can see and have access to or is it hidden and inaccessible to us?

Thanks!
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey russridle. You have full access to all the data... it's your data. :)

In the FoxyCart admin under the transactions page, you'll see all the information there. Also, you can integrate with our XML Datafeed to have all of the data sent to your server after each transaction. More information on that can be found here: http://wiki.foxycart.com/docs/datafeed

FoxyCart is free to develop with as long as you're using a test gateway so feel free to setup a test store and run some test transactions to get a feel for the process.
  • Thanks Luke!

If I run a transaction using a test server using my credit card number, I'm assuming the card isn't really charged, correct?
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Check the wiki for which test cards to use with which gateways. Most have specific test cards. We recommend Auth.net's test gateway because it's WAY faster than PayPal's and is pretty bulletproof.