Improving subscription view in admin control panel

a9ka9k Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited April 2010
Currently it's intensely slow when you have several hundred subscribers. I just spent several hours cleaning up dead subscriptions - it shouldn't have taken that long. I could go make a snack while waiting for refresh after deactivating each subscription.

I suggest adding a speedy view to the admin panel: Search by customer.

The search field would take one of:
[ulist]
[li]an email address[/li]
[li]first and or last name (non case sensitive)[/li]
[li]customer number[/li]
[/ulist]
It would return important info about that person:
[ulist]
[li]Name[/li]
[li]telephone[/li]
[li]email[/li]
[li]a link to update the customer info (while they are on the phone with you)[/li]
[li]transactions (maybe ajax collapse old ones)[/li]
[li]subscriptions (both active and inactive)[/li]
[/ulist]

My XML handling store's admin panel started out much like yours - oriented toward the database tables. Later is became obvious that we're more interested in customers than the pieces. So I added the customer search and that's mostly all that is used now by our admins.

I could probably do a mock up something like this using REST but it would only help my store/cart and not the rest of the foxy admins.

Oh and as long as I'm wishing:
I wish foxycart would check for doubling up on a subscription. We get people renewing ahead of time and creating a second sub. We had one make 4 monthly subscriptions before we caught it.
Comments
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hi @a9k.
    Yeah, we know it's really (really, really REALLY) kind of impossibly brutal if you have a ton of subscriptions. We use FoxyCart ourselves, so we're painfully aware.

The good news is:
    20100412-t9r8ug8e3ku6cx6a76s4jsjwph.preview.jpgClick for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

Create your own filters and such; multiple criteria. Just wait up for our next version. We're going to try to get all this available via the API as well, but no promises on that yet. I'll let Luke chime in if he wants to.

20100412-cbs7dhuxhqrbdpt9qgk4dgc1mq.preview.jpgClick for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Thanks for posting a9k. We would love your input on the filter system we've been working on in 061.

As for people "renewing ahead of time" can you explain? Are your subscriptions setup with end dates that require the customer to take action and renew manually? This one is kind of tricky because some business models might allow for multiple subscriptions per customers so it's a little difficult for us to build in rules without ensuring that they work for everyone. Are you integrated with the XML Datafeed and Subscription datafeed? If so, you may want to keep track of your subscribers on your end and not allow the customer to subscribe if they already have an active subscription.