creating a custom receipt print stylesheet - where to find CSS?

kanjigirlkanjigirl Member
in Help edited April 2010
I'm working on a custom print stylesheet for my client's receipt page - you can see the page here, and then try File > Print Preview to see what I've done so far at the top of the printable page:

page

I want to remove some of the duplicate info - like the title and then the fieldset legend in the boxes in the Receipt section. Can you tell me where I can find FoxyCart's default print stylesheet so I can see the styles that I need to use/edit/hide?
Comments
  • bjbkbjbk Member
    edited April 2010
    @kanjigirl,

FoxyCart don't provide a print stylesheet that I'm aware of, so you can just use the default stylesheet to reference anything you need. If you are wanting to see what you need to reference to hide elements, just view the source of the page and grab the ids/classes of the elements
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Fwiw, if you use the default "text" style as a print stylesheet it actually works decently well.
  • I got this mostly working, but I cannot figure out what to style for:

[ulist]
    [li]the 'Your Cart' text line under Checkout[/li]
    [li]how to to decrease the space between each 'Information' section[/li]
    [li]how to to keep the Billing section from breaking between pages[/li]
    [/ulist]

Not for lack of several hours of applying borders to every element I could find to figure out what was causing the spacing.

My print stylesheet can be accessed from here by going to File > Print Preview. If anyone has any further ideas, I'd love to hear them.
    20100416-bibbwr2i94u7a3ibbrnfew9si9.preview.jpg
    Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

That looks pretty good to me. Are you seeing something else? What browser?
  • It's not that one, it's the one you see when you go to Print Preview. I'm using the latest version of FF.

Actually I see when I scale it to about 80% it all fits (at least when there are not many items ordered), so I might just try reducing the font sizes.
    What OS are you using? That is my print preview in Firefox on OSX. If it's an OS thing or a printer specific thing or something let's try to make sure we're on the same page.
  • I got it working very nicely, if you do Print Preview from here this is the final version.
  • And I'm using the latest version of FF on Win 7.