Subscription Transactions...are they included in the transaction listing?

in General edited May 2010
From what I can tell, only the initial transaction that initiates a "Subscription" gets listed within Foxycarts "Transactions" list; is this correct?

According to the docs:

"Because storing the CSC is prohibited per PCI DSS, FoxyCart sends the subscription transactions without the CSC. If your gateway is set to require the CSC, the transaction will fail, effectively rendering FoxyCart's subscription functionality useless."

So, my questions are:
1) If a subsequent recurring charge "FAILS" is that record indicated within the "Subscriptions" listing?

2) More specifically, if the Payment Gatway is not set-up to accept recurring payments without the CSC code, will Foxycart indicate a subsequent transaction as having
failed?

Thanks,

Michael
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey Michael. If a subscription transaction fails, you'll see an error in your store's error log as well as an error message and a past due amount in the subscription listing. If the transaction goes through it definitely will show up in the transaction listing. We recommend integrating with the Subscription Datafeed so you can automatically send reminder emails for transactions that don't go through. If none of your transactions are going through then you'll probably need to change up some gateway settings. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
  • edited May 2010
    Hey Luke! Hope all is well.

I actually think I'm worrying for no reason. We're using Foxycart and as I understood how it functioned Subscriptions could not be tested using Foxycarts "test" store settings. We ran two weeks of daily tests (Subscriptions set-up to recur on a daily bases) and all functioned as intended.

Just to clarify, Monthly Subscription transactions will run "one month to the day" of the initial translation' is this correct? So if my initial transaction was made on April 5th 2010 all subsequent monthly transactions will run on the 5th of every month; correct?
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Yes, they will unless that same day in a future month doesn't exist, in which case it will be bumped backwards as needed and then forwards again in a future month. For example, if you start a subscription on the 31st of January, you will be charged on the 29th (or 28th) of February and then back on the 31st of March and so on and so forth.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    Hey @hothousegraphix
    Worth noting is that you CAN test subs in test mode. The issue is that they come in as inactive, so you have to go to your sub page, edit the sub, and uncheck the "disabled" checkbox. Then it'll run just fine.