The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

Buy 2 shirts, get a specific shirt for free. (please help!)

fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
in Help edited May 2010
We currently have a store where we are promoting a coupon code discount. The customer must purchase 2 shirts and use the coupon code to get a specific shirt for free.

There are 3 very important factors:
1) They must have at least 2 shirts in the shopping cart.
2) They must use the coupon code.
3) The free shirt is a specific shirt, not a buy one get one deal.

I assume we can pull this off with JSON. Can someone help me please? Thank you in advance.
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Hey ministrypixel. How savvy are you with JavaScript? It would take quite a bit of tweaking to pull off within FoxyCart and may not actually be possible with our current coupon functionality. Since FoxyCart doesn't store your products in our system, you'd probably have to handle this on your server by validating the code server side and, if it is correct, adding the free product to the cart that you want using a JSONP cart add request. Would that be a possibility?
  • fc_joshfc_josh FoxyCart Team
    I would definitely need help with this one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    Unfortunately, this is probably a little beyond the level of support we provide in the forums right now as it would involve quite a bit of custom hacking though we'll go ahead and whisper you some info on some developers who might be interested in taking the job.