The Foxy forums are on the move!

We're in the process of moving our forums over to a new system, and so these forums are now read-only.
If you have a question about your store in the meantime, please don't hesitate to reach out to us via email.

one-click / no payment checkout

AlericAleric Member
in Bugs & Feature Requests edited May 2010
We have a page where customers can request samples. We'd like to be able to route this through foxycart but without having to stop at the cart to finish the checkout since no payment is required. I know I can prepopulate the cart. Is there a way to do what I want to do?
Comments
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    If your add to cart links and forms have cart=checkout (or
    <input type="hidden" name="cart" value="checkout"/>

) then they will land directly on the checkout page and bypass the cart. If the price of the product is set to 0 no payment will be required, but it will still ask for all of their billing contact information.

Hope that helps.
  • AlericAleric Member
    No, it doesn't because I want to bypass the checkout page, too. By the time the customer has clicked the button we have all the necessary info, the checkout page is redundant.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    So... I'm confused. Why do you need FoxyCart at all?

Can you walk me through the whole process including where you collect data from the customer and what you do with it? Are you just wanting the data to come through the XML datafeed?
  • AlericAleric Member
    Consistency and accounting. I want it to look like a regular order, emailed receipt etc. It's just that this particular page has been set up to take minimal info. The desired sample and shipping address. So I know I can created an XML data set and use the API, I just want to be sure that I can make it go through on one click instead of two. i.e. skip the checkout and go straight to receipt.
  • lukeluke FoxyCart Team
    I don't think that would be possible because the checkout interface figures out if the customer is returning or not and handles some other logic behind the scenes. You may be able to post directly to the checkout completion step, but that's not recommended because the values sent will change version to version and you might get unexpected results based on what the page is expecting you to POST to it.
  • brettbrett FoxyCart Team
    If you wanted to make this happen, I'd suggest:
    - Set it to PO payment mode. Pre-fill and hide that field using javascript on the checkout, since it is required.
    - Use the API like it sounds like you're planning to do, and use SSO to ensure that the info makes it to the checkout. Or pre-populate the checkout on guest mode.
    - On the checkout itself, use CSS and javascript to basically hide the whole thing and use javascript to submit the checkout...

Or you could POST straight to the checkout with all the data you need like Luke suggested, but you should do a ton of testing an realize that it's not necessarily a supported use case for FoxyCart

But it'd be _possible_, I'm fairly confident.